Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: copyright stuff

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jefury's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2001
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hear that if I use classical music in a movie, I don't have to pay the rights.... that is, if I recreate the music myself.

    Is this true?

    Thanks,

    Jeffery

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jefury's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2001
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay cool.
    Thanks Nigel

    Jeffery

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First off, I am not an attorney and am not giving any sort of legal advice.

    The musical score itself would be open and free for public use. The sheet music may have a copyright and then there is performance rights on top of that......It can all get very sticky. You should be able to find a good book on copyright in Canada at a library.

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •